Sunday, September 17, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
- Our church is 80 years old! Join us for a dessert reception and fellowship in the gym following this morning’s service as we reminisce over our church’s past and anticipate God’s blessings over our future.
- We are actively seeking the Lord on what we believe are some open doors in Centerville. We’d love for you to join us as we gather to pray this Saturday at 7:00 PM at 415 Bank Street (the former Centerville Nazarene building).
- Moravia Community Blood Drive will this Tuesday, September 19th from 1:00-6:00 PM at the Lighthouse Church of the Nazarene. Please contact Carol Martin (641-895-9090) to make an appointment.
- See You at the Pole is an international time of prayer on the fourth Wednesday of September when students meet at their school flagpole, before school, to lift their friends, families, teachers, school, and nation up to God. It is student-initiated, student-organized, and student-led. Please join us at the Moravia Community School’s flagpole on Wednesday, September 27th at 7:15 AM to support these students. Let’s unite and lift our children and the education system up in prayer!
- Twice a year, we are given the opportunity to participate in Alabaster Offering. The contributions from this offering completely go to paying for property and buildings around the world. Your gift to the Alabaster offering is a gift of hope to thousands in every corner of the world because you choose to pour out the love God has lavished on you. We encourage you to prayerfully consider participating in the Alabaster Offering next Sunday, September 24th.
- Our revival with Dr. Rob McCorkle will be October 1st-3rd. You won’t want to miss it! He will be speaking during our Sunday morning service at 10:30 AM, Sunday evening service at 6:00 PM, and Monday and Tuesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
- Center Shot will start October 4th for students in 4th-7th If your child is interested in archery and Jesus, this would be a great group to join! They meet weekly on Wednesdays for 6 weeks from 6:30-8:00 PM.
- Gisele Chapman will begin a new ladies Bible Study on October 5th. It will be a 6-week study on Jonah on Thursday mornings at 10:00 AM. See Gisele or Nancy Hatfield for more information and to get a study book.
- The 60’s Plus group is planning another trip to Branson! It will be October 23rd-26th and Carol Martin is needing a head count. There is a sign-up sheet in the foyer. Please reach out to Carol for any questions or for more information.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Blood Drive Sept. 19th 1:00-6:00 PM
60’s Plus Sept. 24th at 7:00 PM
Revival with Pastor Rob McCorkle Oct 1st-3rd
All Day Scrapbooking Oct. 6th
3in1 Women’s Retreat Oct. 20th-22nd
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Everett and JoAnn Garr, health needs.
Elaine Luse for health issues that require God’s touch.
-CJ Essary (9/19)
-Linda McDanel (9/21)
-Linda Welch (9/25)
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson, Pauline Nord, David Godby
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday -Thursday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our Missionaries: Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan