Sunday, September 10, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
- A quick meeting after this morning service for those going to Men’s Retreat in the Dining Room.
- A quick meeting after this morning service for those interested in helping with Center Shot in the Library. Center Shot will start October 4th for grades 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th.
- The 60’s Plus group is planning another trip to Branson! It will be October 23rd-26th and Carol Martin is needing a head count. If you are interested in more information or want to sign up, please get a hold of her.
- We are excited for the upcoming Fall Festival this weekend! Please mark your calendars and join us on Friday evening for our Church-sponsored concert in the park with the Christian group called RENEE at 7:00 PM. On Saturday, Consumed Youth Ministries is hosting a bags tournament at 11:00 AM and they are looking for extra sets of boards to borrow! If you have any to share, please let Jordan Horstick know.
- Our church is turning 80 years old! Help us celebrate our church this Sunday, September 17th with a dessert reception immediately following morning service. We’re looking for photos and written memories that you would like to share with us. There are cards in the foyer that you can fill out and place in the basket. We would like to have the memory cards turned in by Wednesday, September 13th so that we can assemble the memory board. Please contact Jordan Hall with any questions.
- The Rugged Men’s Retreat at Camp Table Rock is September 15th-17th. The cost is $155. Registration deadline was September 6th. There is still time to register if you’d like to attend but there is a $25 late fee. Contact Jeff Wilson for more information.
- Moravia Community Blood Drive will be Tuesday, September 19th from 1:00-6:00 PM at the Lighthouse Church of the Nazarene. Please contact Carol Martin (641-895-9090) to make an appointment.
- Twice a year, we are given the opportunity to participate in Alabaster Offering. The contributions from this offering completely go to paying for property and buildings around the world. Your gift to the Alabaster offering is a gift of hope to thousands in every corner of the world because you choose to pour out the love God has lavished on you. We encourage you to prayerfully consider participating in the Alabaster Offering on September 24th.
- See You at the Poleis an international time of prayer on the fourth Wednesday of September when students meet at their school flagpole, before school, to lift their friends, families, teachers, school, and nation up to God. It is student-initiated, student-organized, and student-led. Please join us at the Moravia Community School’s flagpole on Wednesday, September 27that 7:15 AM to support these students. Let’s unite and lift our children and the education system up!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Church Board Meeting Sept. 11th at 6:30 PM
Church’s Birthday Celebration Sept. 17th
Blood Drive Sept. 19th 1:00-6:00 PM
60’s Plus Sept. 24th at 7:00 PM
Revival with Pastor Rob McCorkle Oct 1st-3rd
Center Shot October 4th
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Everett and JoAnn Garr, health needs
Healing prayers for Robert VanSickel as he continues to recover from knee replacement surgery.
Keep CJ Essary and his family in your prayers as he prepares for hernia surgery on September 19th.
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson, Pauline Nord, David Godby
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to email@example.com, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need. Our Missionaries:
Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan