Sunday, August 27, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
- Children’s quizzing will start this Wednesday, August 30th. They will be studying the book of Matthew. Practices will be on Wednesdays at 6:00 PM with children’s church to follow. Quiz meets will start up in October with one meet per month. Please reach out to Tami Swaby or Alycia Proctor for more information on how to get involved.
- Join us for a Back-to-School Bash here at the church Sunday, September 3rd from 5:00-7:00 PM. Bring the whole family and join us for an evening of food and fellowship. Invite your friends! We will have food and outdoor games including the water slide, so be sure to bring a swimming suit! Bring a lawn chair and a dish to share.
- Immediately following the Back-to-School Bash, the teens (7-12th grade) will leave together for an overnight camp out at Andy and Emily DeJong’s house. The students will return to the church for pick-up at 8:00 AM Monday morning.
- The teens will have their first quiz meet here at home on Saturday, September 9th starting at 10:00 AM. Please come out to support them! We will have a free will donation lunch around noon. If you are willing and able to donate cookies, please let Emily DeJong know.
- Our church is turning 80 years old! Help us celebrate our church on Sunday, September 17th with a dessert reception following Sunday morning service. We are looking for photos and written memories that you would like to share with us. There are cards in the lobby that you can fill out and place in the basket. Please contact Jordan Hall if you have any questions.
- The Rugged Men’s Retreat at Camp Table Rock is September 15th-17th. Registration deadline is September 6th. The cost is $155. After September 7th there will be a late fee of $25. Please get a hold of Jeff Wilson to get signed up.
- Our Consumed Youth Ministry is going to start sending out a monthly newsletter for parents. If you would like to stay up to date on information and activities for our youth, please send an email to email@example.com to be added to the list. There will also be paper copies in the foyer.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
60’s Plus Aug. 27th at 7:00 PM
Back-to-School Bash Sept. 3rd at 5:00 PM
Men’s Prayer Breakfast Sept. 9th at 7:00 AM
Cowboy Church Sept. 10th at 11:00 AM
Church’s Birthday Celebration Sept. 17th
Revival with Pastor Rob McCorkle Oct. 1st-3rd
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Keep CJ Essary and his family in your prayers as he prepares for hernia surgery on September 19th.
Bob and Janiece Self with some health complications and praising God for the prayers He has already answered.
Bill & Jackie Graham- Bill’s health and the passing of Jackie’s father.
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson, Pauline Nord, David Godby
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our Missionaries: Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan