Sunday, August 15, 2021
- This Wednesday evening, the kids will be playing water games outside. Have your kids wear clothes that can get wet and you may want to bring a towel.
- Sunday School Promotion will be August 22nd. All children will meet in the sanctuary that morning before they go to their classrooms. If you would like to help donate breakfast for the children, there is a sign-up sheet in the foyer at the Welcome Center.
- Aug 19th at 8 PM there will be a Prayer Night held outside the School in Moravia. The church and community are invited to help cover the grounds with prayer before the start of the coming school year.
- 60’s Plus will be August 22nd at Ken and Carol Martin’s house, weather permitting.
- Free Books! – There is a table in the vestibule full of books from Pastor’s collection. Take any that you want.
- New Hope’s 11th Annual Rummage Mania will be Aug 26th from 2-6, Aug 27th from 7:30-5:30, and Aug 28th from 7:30-12, at the First Baptist Church in Centerville. There will be no price tags, so you choose what you pay as a donation to New Hope. New items will be added each day!
- If you have files saved on the Sunday School computer that you want to keep, please put them on a flash drive before Sept. 5th. Heather will be cleaning out the computer because it has gotten too full and is running very slowly.
- Tava’s Wednesday Bible Study will start back up on September 15th. See Tava for a book and more information.
- Teen Quizzing just started back up. See Kaylee Cloyed if your teen would like to join. They are studying Romans and James. Practices will be Sundays at 5pm and Wednesdays at 6pm.
- Kid’s Quizzing (1st grade – 6th grade) will be starting back up soon. They will be studying Joshua, Judges, & Ruth. Please let Tami Swaby or Cassie Finley know if your children would like to quiz this year.
- Knoxville First Church of the Nazarene will be having The Garms Family in concert on Aug 29th at 6:00 pm.
- Help us Celebrate Pastor & Gisele’s retirement!!! Aug. 29th following Sunday AM service we will be having a potluck lunch (please bring sides and desserts).
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
60’s Plus Aug. 22nd following PM Service
TNT Sept. 5th following AM Service
SUNDAY 8:30 A.M. Prayer time 9:00 a.m. Fellowship time
9:30 a.m. Sunday School 10:30 a.m. Morning Worship 6:00 p.m. Evening worship/Teens
WEDNESDAY – 7:00 p.m. – Bible studies, Children’s program, Teen service
Sunday & Tuesday morning 8:30 a.m.
Thursday evening (Men’s group) 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday evening (Women’s group) 6:00 p.m.
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
- Pastor & Gisele – retiring at the end of Aug. – pray for them as they enter this new stage of life.
- Our Next Pastor and family
- Steve Davidson – recovering from surgery
- Covid – Eric Knox & Heather Thomas
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, Richard Hatfield, James Gilbert, Katie Kirkpatrick, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Margaret Houser, Don Hontz, Jay Rogers, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Larry Smith, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Bev Ryan, Glennis Ward, Vernell Alexandres, Louise McBain, Kristin Anderson, Deanna Allen, Phyllis Keever, Lynn Knapp, Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, David Weeks, Shelley Frasher, Angela Freese, Jerry Hatfield, Nicki Cossolotto, Vic Helt, Lynn Winans, Karen Radovich, Leon Kleiss, Ryan McElroy, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Lori Johnson, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Anna Bratz, Letha Cormeny McDonough, Shane Exline, Chasity Hardin, Don Vander Hart, Kim Williams, Nathan Stouwie, Ricky Whitehead, Deborah Hudson, Luke Brown, Dennis Welch, Jonny Moore
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Friday 9 AM – 1 PM, send an email to email@example.com, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our LINKS Missionary – Trino and Anna Jara
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan
John & Daniece Woods – Native American Christian Academy, Arizona