Sunday, August 13, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
- Our Women’s Ministry will be having a cooking event on Tuesday, August 15th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. All is welcome! They are needing some items so if you are willing to donate or want to help cook, please reach out to Melia Chapman or Cindy Riggenbach. Monetary donations are also welcome!
- Iowa Holiness Convention will be August 16th – 18th at University Park. Evening Services will start at 7:00 PM.
- For those who were not able to attend the last training for Convoy of Hope and would still like to help with this great outreach, we will have another Convoy of Hope training Saturday August 19th at 9:00 AM. If you plan to attend, please reach out to the church office (641-724-3649) and let us know.
- Bible Quizzing will be starting back up! Teen quizzing starts up tonight, August 13th at 5:00 PM. Please reach out to Jordan Horstick or Joe Cloyed for more information. Our youth schedule will be getting back to normal this week. On Sundays quizzing practice will be at 5:00 PM with small groups following at 6:00 PM. On Wednesdays quizzing practice will be at 6:00 PM with youth group following at 7:00 PM. Children’s quizzing will start at the end of August! They will be studying the book of Matthew. Please reach out to Tami Swaby or Alycia Proctor for more information on how to sign up.
- Our church is turning 80 years old! Let’s get ready to celebrate our church on Sunday, September 17th. Invite your friends and family to remember the amazing ways God has blessed us in the past and look forward to the journey ahead!
- It’s time for students to start thinking about heading back to school! Please help us pray for our children and youth who will be returning in a few weeks, as well as our college age students who will be heading off to college. We ask that you help us pray for their safety and that they can be a light for the Lord in their schools this year.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Church Board Meeting Aug. 14th at 6:30 PM
Women’s Ministry Cooking Event Aug. 15th at 9:00 AM
Convoy of Hope Aug. 19th – training at 9:00 AM
60’s Plus Aug. 27th at 7:00 PM
All Day Crafts Sept 15th
Church’s Birthday Celebration Sept 17th
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
The McDanel family with the passing of Bob McDanel, Mervin’s nephew.
Bill Graham- in the hospital for cardiac problems.
Lisa Smith’s 4-year-old grandson, Ollie, with a broken wrist and needing surgery.
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan