Sunday, May 14, 2023
ANNOUNCEMENTS Happy Mother’s Day!
- No PM Service tonight due to Moravia Graduation.
- Moravia Community Blood Drive will be May 16th from 1:00 – 6:00 PM at the Lighthouse Church of the Nazarene. Please contact Carol Martin (641-895-9090) to make an appointment.
- Board Elections will take place May 21st – 31st.
- If you would be willing to be a delegate to District Assembly, SDMI, and/or NMI Convention, please place your name and which you would be willing to be on the ballot for on top of your bulletin and place it in the offering. District Assembly take place July 14th – 15th at Gateway Church in Oskaloosa. Names must be in no later than May 17th to be on the ballots.
- We will be taking up a Love Offering for Faith Comes by Hearing’s Military Bible Stick Sunday May 28th. These small MP3 players contain an audio ESV of the New Testament & selected Psalms that are versatile enough for our troops to keep with them when they need the Word of God the most. Please consider what you may be willing to give to support this cause.
- Join us for a BBQ and games at our Summer Kick off Party on May 28th from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. This will be a potluck meal, the church will be suppling the meat, and we ask that you bring a side or a desert.
- Today is the kickoff for our new Legacy Fund. The money from this fund will go towards our children and youth programs. There is a board in the vestibule with envelopes numbered $1-$200 the idea is to choose an envelope to fill with the amount on the front and return it to our ushers. We ask that you place your name on the back of the envelope so we can be sure to get it entered on your giving statements.
- Our youth going to NYC are asking for donated items for their “Bring with Project”. They will be filling “care kits” with hygiene items to distribute to a homeless shelter while in Florida. If you can help donate travel sized hygiene products, please place them in the suitcase in the vestibule under the Legacy Board. If you have any questions, please see Pastor Jordan.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
60’s Plus May 28th following PM Service
TNT June 4th following AM Service
Men’s Prayer Breakfast June 10th at 7:00 AM
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
The family of Bill Swaby
Francis McCourt (Ken Martin’s Sister) – recent brain bleed
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Shelley Frasher, Angela Freese, Jerry Hatfield, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Bill Swaby, Peg Stone
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Friday 9 AM – 1 PM, send an email to email@example.com, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan
John & Daniece Woods – Native American Christian Academy, Arizona