Sunday, November 6, 2021
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave shortly after song service for Jr. Church.
- We had over 200 children come with their families to Trunk-or-Treat, so likely at least 300 people got to see pieces of the Bible with your wonderful displays. Many of you said that children and parents asked questions about your displays. Thank you for your help in making this such a successful event!
- Today is TNT following the morning service. If you are in your 20’s or 30’s we welcome you to join us for food and fellowship. If you plan to attend, please bring a side dish.
- Next Sunday Rustic Roots and Lil’ Sprots 4-H club will be having a pasta dinner (free will donation) at the Methodist Church until 1:30PM. The money will go to filling backpacks that are given to children when they are sent to a foster home. Items included are – a change of clothes, pair of pjs, and a personal item such as a toy.
- Please join us Saturday Nov. 20th from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM for the Annual Holiday Market Place and Cookie Extravaganza. We will have vendors selling homemade crafts, jewelry, food, and more.
- This year’s Mission Auction will be Saturday December 4th. Dinner (free will donation) will be served at 6 PM and the auction will begin at 7 PM. If you would like to donate items for the auction, please see Jeff Wilson. Great items for donating include new toys, craft items, and hunting/ fishing items. Please do not send clothing of any kind.
- Are you ready to pack shoeboxes! Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes are available in the vestibule. Please consider how many shoeboxes you can put together this year. Collection week will be Nov. 14th – 20th.
- Nicole Cloyed wanted to thank everyone who gave money towards her mission trip to the Czech Republic. There have been some issues with her visa, so she asks that we please continue to pray for her travel plans.
- There will be a church van going to Des Moines to see Sabina: Tortured for Christ, the Nazi Years on Tuesday. The van will leave the church at 5PM. If you are interested in going, please contact JoAnna Welch (641-216-3429) by Monday.
- If you and your family would like to have a mailbox in the vestibule, please indicate so on the top portion of the bulletin. Remember to include the names of your family members and place it in the offering.
- Children’s Quizzing will be Nov. 13th our kids will be quizzing here due to scheduling conflicts. Teen Quizzing will also be Nov. 13th in Cedar Rapids.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Men’s Prayer Breakfast November 13th at 7:00 AM
Mission Auction Dec. 4th
60’s Plus Nov. 28th Following PM service
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Our Next Pastor and family
Kathy Huffman – Hospital Pneumonia
Diane Deal – RSV & Pneumonia
Scott Hinote – Retina Detached
The Family of Deon Brown
The Family of Jack Engle
Eugene Engle – Vent with COVID
Teresa Crowley – (Karen Burger’s niece) Vent with COVID
Stephanie Linsey – (Mary Robb Friend from Texas) Vent with COVID
Larry Proctor – Surgery Monday morning
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, Richard Hatfield, James Gilbert, Katie Kirkpatrick, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Margaret Houser, Don Hontz, Jay Rogers, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Larry Smith, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Bev Ryan, Glennis Ward, Vernell Alexandres, Louise McBain, Kristin Anderson, Deanna Allen, Phyllis Keever, Lynn Knapp, Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, David Weeks, Shelley Frasher, Angela Freese, Jerry Hatfield, Nicki Cossolotto, Lynn Winans, Karen Radovich, Leon Kleiss, Ryan McElroy, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Lori Johnson, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Anna Bratz, Letha Cormeny McDonough, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Ricky Whitehead, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Jonny Moore, Steve Davidson, Melisa Wenger, Amy Young
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Friday 9 AM – 1 PM, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our LINKS Missionary – Trino and Anna Jara
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan
John & Daniece Woods – Native American Christian Academy, Arizona