Sunday 2/5/2023 PM Service
Sunday, November 19, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
• The Moravia Community Thanksgiving Service is being held here tonight at 6:00 PM with Pastor Shawn from the Grace United Methodist Church giving the message. There will be NO Wednesday services this Wednesday, November 22nd. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
• Big thank you to all who helped with the Harvest Party on Wednesday. We were blessed with beautiful weather and the kids had so much fun!
• Today is the last day to get your shoeboxes in for Operation Christmas Child. They will be leaving tomorrow morning for Ottumwa to be shipped. Thank you to all who have filled shoeboxes or donated money to this wonderful cause.
• 60’s Plus will not be meeting on Nov. 26th due to it being Thanksgiving weekend. They plan to see you at the Christmas party on December 19th at the Amish north of Moravia on the old highway.
• Women’s Ministry and NMI are making breakfast casseroles to donate to The Salvation Army in Des Moines for the homeless, and they are asking for donations. If you would like to make a casserole or donate ingredients, please see Martha VanSickle, Cindy Riggenbach, or Melia Chapman. There are some ingredients and the recipe in the kitchen.
• This year’s Mission Auction will be Saturday, December 2nd. A free-will donation dinner will be served at 5:30 PM and the auction will begin at 6:00 PM. If you would like to donate items for the auction, please see Jeff Wilson. Great items for donating include new toys, home décor, craft items, and hunting/fishing items. Please do not send clothing of any kind. There is a table in the foyer to start collecting items.
• Don’t forget to get signed up for the Consumed Youth chili cook-off that is going on during the Mission Auction. The sign-up sheet is in the foyer. You will need to have your crockpot of chili here and set up by 4:30 PM. Judging will be at 4:45 PM and we will start serving at 5:30 PM.
• Life Line Screening will be here Wednesday, November 29th. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-640-6307 or visit LLSA.SOCIAL/HC.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Sunday Funday Dec. 3rd
Men’s Prayer Breakfast Dec. 9th
Christmas Extravaganza Dec. 17th
Holiday Service Schedule:
November 19th- Community Thanksgiving Service at 6:00 PM
November 22nd- NO PM Services
December 24th- Regular AM Services; Christmas Eve Service 5:00 PM
December 27th- NO PM Services
December 31st- Regular AM Services; New Years Eve Gathering 6:00 PM
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Lois Phillips- still recovering, she is now in Centerville at Care Initiative.
Pastor Jonathan and Jordan’s niece- still battling health issues.
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson, David Godby, Elaine Luse, Pauline Nord
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix, Destiny Drew
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to email@example.com, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our Missionaries: Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan