Sunday 2/5/2023 PM Service
Sunday, November 12, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
• Women’s Ministry and NMI are making breakfast casseroles to donate to The Salvation Army in Des Moines for the homeless, and they are asking for donations. If you would like to make a casserole or donate ingredients, please see Martha VanSickle, Cindy Riggenbach, or Melia Chapman. They are wanting to get them delivered this week.
• Operation Christmas Child Shoebox collection starts tomorrow. You can bring your filled shoeboxes throughout the week from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM Monday-Saturday. All boxes must be returned no later than Sunday, so they can be taken to Ottumwa location Monday morning.
• Calling all kids! We will be having a Harvest Party for our youth this Wednesday, November 15th from 6:30-8:00 PM. Please have your children invite their friends as this is a great outreach opportunity to share Jesus with our community! We will have the inflatables up, snacks and games, and possibly a bonfire! Lots of fun to be had!
• Please join us for our 2023 Annual Holiday Marketplace and Cookie Extravaganza on Saturday, November 18th from 8:30 AM-1:00 PM. The teens are still needing more cookies donated. If you can donate, please see Jordan Horstick.
• The Moravia Community Thanksgiving Service will be held here this year on Sunday, November 19th at 6:00 PM.
• This year’s Mission Auction will be Saturday, December 2nd. A free-will donation dinner will be served at 5:30 PM and the auction will begin at 6:00 PM. If you would like to donate items for the auction, please see Jeff Wilson. Great items for donating include new toys, home décor, craft items, and hunting/fishing items. Please do not send clothing of any kind. There is a table in the foyer to start collecting items.
• Don’t forget to get signed up for the Consumed Youth chili cook-off that is going on during the Mission Auction. The sign-up sheet is in the foyer. You will need to have your crockpot of chili here and set up by 4:30 PM. Judging will be at 5:00 PM and we will start serving at 5:30 PM.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Church Board Meeting Nov. 13th at 6:30 PM
60’s Plus Nov. 26th at 7:00 PM
Life Line Screening Nov. 29th
Holiday Service Schedule:
November 19th- Community Thanksgiving Service at 6:00 PM
November 22nd- NO PM Services
December 24th- Regular AM Services; Christmas Eve Service
December 27th- NO PM Services
December 31st- Regular Service Times
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Lois Phillips- still recovering, she is now in Centerville at Care Initiative.
Pastor Jonathan and Jordan’s niece. She is having some health issues, and they are trying to figure out why.
Emma Wenger and Debra Muntz left for Uganda yesterday. Prayers for them as they travel and spread God’s word.
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson, David Godby, Elaine Luse, Pauline Nord
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix, Destiny Drew
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our Missionaries: Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan