Sunday, October 8, 2023
Join us next week at 9:30 AM for Sunday School!
Children will leave following song service for Jr. Church.
- There is still time to join Gisele Chapman’s Women’s Bible Study group! They will meet every Thursday morning at 10:00 AM. It is a 6-week study on Jonah. Reach out to Gisele or Nancy Hatfield to get a study book.
- Children’s and Teen’s quizzing will be in Council Bluffs this Saturday, October 14th. Help us pray safety over our youth and their parents as they travel across the state and that they continue to study and hide God’s word in their hearts.
- Saturday, October 14th the Republican Party of Appanoose County is hosting a Freedom Dinner: A Salute to the Puppy Jake Foundation here at the church featuring guest speaker Patti Lind. Doors open at 6:00 PM, with dinner at 6:30 PM and the program starting at 7:30 PM. The cost is $25 per person, or $175 per table of eight. For tickets, contact Elaine Spencer (641) 895-7975.
- Consumed Youth Ministries will be serving at Pizza Ranch on October 17th from 5:00-8:00 PM as a fundraiser for Khinley Jo Selix. If you show them a flyer, 10% of your order will go to her family along with 100% donations. You can find flyers in the foyer.
- The Women’s 3 To 1 R & R’s Retreat (Rest, Restore, Renew) at Camp Table Rock is October 20th-22nd. The cost is $170 per person and the deadline for registration is tomorrow, October 9th. There’s still time! You can find flyers in the foyer or see Rachel Essary with more information.
- The youth will be heading to the NYI Fall Retreat on Oct. 28th and 29th. Please help us pray for our youth as they “get away from the world and engage with God.”
- We will be having a Trunk-or-Treat decorating contest again this year! We encourage you to decorate your vehicle with a Bible theme. This event is intended to be ministry for our local children. Please help us share the Bible with our children in a fun way! Prizes will be given to the top three displays. If you are planning to bring your vehicle, please let Pastor Jordan know. We will also start taking donations for candy to hand out to the kids. There will be a drop box in the foyer.
- It is time for Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes! There is a table in the foyer with boxes for you to take. Drop-off will be the week of November 13th-18th.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:
Church Board Meeting Oct. 9th at 6:30 PM
Men’s Prayer Breakfast Oct. 14th at 7:00 AM
60’s Plus Branson Trip Oct. 23rd-26th
60’s Plus Oct. 29th at 7:00 PM
Holiday Marketplace Nov. 18th
THIS WEEKS PRAYER NEEDS:
Lois Phillips- decided to postpone her hip replacement while still recovering from previous surgeries.
Dave Oldham- had a minor stroke last weekend, is recovering well and is 98% back to normal.
Pauline Nord, Linda Welch, and Linda McDanel are all home and still recovering well from their surgeries.
Those with health needs: Michael Condra, James Gilbert, Rick Swartz, Roberta Gaudry, Alvin Davis, Myles Clawson, Ed and Laretta Seeley, Kathy Canny, Robert Garry, Jason Robb, Maddie Johnston, Cheri Strunk, Darrell Keeney, Melanie Seals, Vicky Johnson, David Godby, Elaine Luse
Those who have been diagnosed with cancer and are taking treatments: Mary Pryzny, Marion Main, Angela Freese, Nicki Cossolotto, Karen Radovich, Carol Monson, Steve Angran, Doug Main, Loraine Howk, Chasity Hardin, Kim Williams, Deborah Hudson, Dennis Welch, Amy Young, Carol Tadlock, Peg Stone, Flint Dunham, Khinley Selix
If you have a prayer request, you can call the church office Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the top of the bulletin to write the information and place it in the offering. Please keep us informed so your church family can pray for you and/or with you in your time of need.
Our Missionaries: Our LINKS Missionary – Andrew & Jenna Stout
Tom & Ai Van Sickel – Japan